Method 1 - If you are able to access a Sun West School Division computer :
When you are logged in to a Sun West School Division computer (or your laptop is connected to the Sun West School Division WiFi), you will need to hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE at the same time. Choose 'Change a password'.
You will need to enter your old password, and then your new password twice.
Passwords must meet the following minimum requirements :
- Not contain all or part of the user's account name
- Be at least eight characters in length
- Cannot repeat any of the previous 24 passwords
- Contain characters from THREE OF THE FOLLOWING four categories:
- English uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Nonalphanumeric characters (e.g., !, $, #, %)
Note: Password changes will take effect immediately to log in to a Sun West workstation, but it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes to sync to the email service.
Method 2 - If you are at home, or otherwise unable to access a Sun West School Division computer :
You will need to use the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR). In order to use the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR), you must first register so that the system has some means of verifying who you are. This is similar to other systems that you may have used in the past that will text you a code to confirm your identity.
You must register at least two other ‘verification’ methods:
- Office or cell phone number…if you provide an office number, you will get a voice call with the verification code
- Alternate (non-Sun West) email address
- Select a series of questions and answers
The URL for registering is : http://aka.ms/ssprsetup
It will ask for your email username and password initially, then walk you through registering if you have not already. If you have previously registered, your selected contact methods will be displayed, and can be updated if needed.