This document will explain how to change a student's activity phase for each of your courses. It will also explain how to communicate with these students
Step 1: Change the activity phase for your student(s)
- Click on the Teachers Tab
- Click on your name.
- In the Actions Menu, select Current Enrollments in the Academic Pane:
- Organize the table in the way that makes sense to you. I would suggest organizing by section so that you can work on each of your sections one at a time. You could also organize by student last name. To organize the table, just click on the column heading name.
- For a student that needs an activity phase change, click on the edit button:
- Change the Activity dropdown to the correct phase (DO NOT CHANGE THE STATUS DROP DOWN):
Step 2: Email the students based on their phase.
- Click the Enrollments Tab.
- In the Search Criteria, select the field you want from the Enrollment Activity:
- Click Get Data. This will pull all of your students with that activity status in any of your courses
- Click the Emails button in the Actions Menu
- At the top of the page you will be reminded who is going to get this email. Note that every student will get the same message, apart from the variables in the email (first name, course name, etc).
- Select the Phase 1 template from the template dropdown list. Do not change the subject line.
- Check the following boxes. Note that if you want a copy of the email that went out, check the Copy Teacher box: Notes - here, Affiliation is the school Principal. Coached are the in-school supports.
- Check the sample to make sure it looks correct
- Click Send button at the top of the window