Can a manually graded item (such as participation) be directly added to the gradebook so that it doesn't show up on the course page? Can you still create offline activities that show up on the course page? You can do both of those things and this article will tell you how to do this step by step.
To add a manually graded offline activity to the gradebook in your online course, the first step is to create an "Assignment".
- To do this, turn editing on when you are on the course homepage.
- Then, click Add an activity or resource
- A pop-up window will appear for you to select the type of activity. Select Assignment and click Add.
- You will then be taken to the settings window. Create a title and description of the assignment.
- Under "Submission types" be sure to uncheck ALL the boxes, including the File submissions checkbox.
This will create a spot in the gradebook for this assignment without having students upload files to be graded.
If you want the assignment hidden from students on the course homepage, select Turn editing on at the course homepage in the upper right hand corner.
Under the "Edit" dropdown menu for the assignment, there will be an eye. If the eye is closed, the assignment will be hidden so students can't see it on course homepage.
If the eye is open, all students will be able to view the assignment.