In this Help and Information tutorial you will learn how to book a room in the DLC using Outlook 2013/2016
Step 1: Adding a Room's Calendar to View Availability
- Open your calendar by clicking on the calendar icon in the bottom left hand corner of your Outlook screen.
- At the top, click the ‘Open Calendar’ button and choose ‘From Room List.’
- All rooms are named using the following pattern: “MR-Building-RoomNameOrNumber.” If you wish to view the calendar for the main meeting room (the “fish bowl”), select ‘MR-DLC-MeetingRm.’ Double clicking on the name(s) will add the room’s calendar to your list.
- Check the box next to the calendar list on the left hand side of the screen to select a calendar and view its availability.
Step 2: Scheduling an Event on a Room's Calendar in Outlook 2016
Note: It is best to check the room is available at the time before making a request for a room
- To schedule a meeting in a particular room in Outlook, from your calendar, click on “New Appointment” on the ribbon toolbar.
- In the meeting window that pops up, the room finder view should be available on the right hand side. Under “Show a room list:,” select “DLC-Roomlist.”
- Under “Choose an available room:” select the room in which you wish to meet.
- Add additional attendees in the “To” field and the topic or title of the meeting in the “Subject” field.
- When finished filling in the meeting details, click “Send.”
Scheduling an Event on a Room's Calendar in Office 365
- When signed into Office 365 in your web browser, go to Outlook.
- Select the Outlook calendar using the icon at the bottom left of the Outlook window.
- Create a new calendar event from the “New” dropdown menu.
- Enter the details for the meeting in the next window.
- In the second information box, select “Add room” from the dropdown menu and select “DLC-Roomlist”
- Select the room you wish to meet in from the list of available rooms.
- Complete the remaining meeting details and send the meeting invitation.