Usually teachers will want a student to read a handout or website, then complete or fill out an assignment sheet they have prepared ahead of time, and then submit it into your online course for grading.
Here is how you do it:
- Select Advanced Upload Of Assignments
- Enter the Assignment name
- Fill out the instructions for the students in the editing window
- To link something, highlight the text you wish to be the link and click the "Insert Web Link" button - it looks like a chain link and is located just under the bold button.
- A new window will pop up. If the link is a website, copy and paste it into the URL blank (be sure to delete the http: in the blank already, because if you copy and paste the website link directly, it will have 2 of the http: propmts and the link will not work)
- If you want to link to a Word document, click the Browse button at the botton to find your file (change the target to new window, if you want your document to open in a new window).
- Create a new folder (call it like chapter 1), click on the new folder you just created to open it, then click Browse and find the document you wish to link to.
- Once you have found it, click the Upload button.
- Once it has been uploaded into your folder, double click the file, then click ok, and your done, it will be linked.
- Follow the same process to link to an assignment handout sheet, Powerpoint presentation or whatever.
An example is provided on the your online course home page, under this resource.