In this help and information article, you'll learn how to add the DLC template to Word so when you create a new document, you can easily select the DLC template
Step 01: Download the DLC template
Download the latest DLC template in the help desk article titled, "Where can I find DLC powerpoint templates, word templates, fonts and icons?". It'll be under the "Using the Template" header.
Step 02: Save the template to your "Custom Office Template" folder
Save the DLC template to your "Custom Office Template" folder:
This PC > Documents > Custom Office Templates
Step 03: Copy the address of your "Custom Office Template" folder
- Go to your "Custom Office Template folder (This PC > Documents > Custom Office Templates)
- Click the address bar (Note: DON'T click the text, click the white part of the address bar)
- copy the address
Step 04: Paste the "Custom Office Template" address to Word
- Open Word
- Click "File"
- Click "Option"
- Click "Save" on the left hand menu
- Paste the "Custom Office Template" address into the "Default personal templates location" text area
- Click "OK"
Step 05: Pin DLC template
- Create a new document by clicking "New"
- Click "PERSONAL"
- Hover over "dlcdefault" (DLC Template) and pin the template by clicking this it will turn to this
- Go Back to "FEATURED" and click "dlcdefault" (DLC Template)
Step 06: Edit and Save
Edit and save the document as you would normally would.
- search here with word template
- Right click to choose options: New from Template (Different from just “new” which just opens a blank document and does not allow template choice)
- choose “Add to Quick Access toolbar”
- Start a new document with pinned templates at anytime!